Sender:
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:28:37 -0500
7bit
From:
Adam Wodon-Around the Rinks <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
> Remember former Princeton captain Shawn O'Brien? He currently plays for the
> Utah
> Grizzlies and has 19 goals, 8 assists, 27points, and 102 penalty minutes.
>
> Does any one know what NHL team retains his rights(Mr. Wodon?)?
> The NY Islanders share the Griz with another team.

Sean O'Brien is free to negotiate with any time, though I think the Isles would
get first crack.  He says, however, the Isles would not stand in his way.

By the way, his goal total, I believe, comes in only about 50 games.  He missed
the first part of the season.  O'Brien is one of about 4 (I think) Princeton
graduates currently in the North American pros, and he is at the highest level.

Also, Sean was an All-Ivy defenseman, but is now playing left wing on a line
with Jim Dowd and Mick Vukota (well, until Dowd was moved, that is).  He was a
member of the ECHL champion Richmond Renegades two seasons ago, then spent some
time with the Houston Aeros and Tallahassee Tiger Sharks.

Sean is tremendous example of why the ECHL is such a great thing for hockey. It
gives players a chance to extend their career, and see if they can blossom.
Otherwise, they'd be in the business world by then and never get a chance to
find out.

So his 1400 SAT can be put to some use a little later in life  :)

AW