Sender:
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 10:51:27 -0800
7bit
From:
Kevin Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
cc: Matthew J Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Matthew J Voss wrote:

>         I hate to do it, but I have to agree with Mr. Roy.  Erik
> Rasmussen will be gone at the end of this year.  It has been one long
> frustrating(and hopefully learning) year for the big guy.  He has proven
> to be a very good player, he just has to use his head a little more.
>         Erik Rasmussen has good size and his skating and vision of the ice are
> excellent.  He has to learn to shoot the puck more and learn that he can
> control the game with his physical presence without taking dumb physical
> penalties.  That will come with experience.  Also, there is no denying how
> highly Buffalo thinks of him.  With a team of mighty mites as forwards
> Buffalo needs  someone with size who isn't just a thug.  I believe Jason
> compared him to Keith Tkchuck.  Tkchuck has the better finishing touch, but
> I'll give Rasmussen the edge in skating ability.
>         As long as I'm writing about players turning pro, I might as well
> add Mike Crowley to the list.  He will sign with the Mighty Ducks at the
> end of the Gopher season and play for the Duck's AHL affiliate(Baltimore?).
> His play this season is comparable with last year's, he just doesn't have
> Brian Bonin burying all of his passes.  The plays Mike Crowley makes
> and creates while while handling the puck are amazing.  In my opinion he
> should be a Hobey finalist again, but this year he'll lose to Brendan Morrison.

According to all my sources at the UofM Mike Crowley has expressed no
interest in leaving.  He has even followed through with all the
registration processnecessary for him to attend classes next year, where
RASS has not. Also noted is that the Mighty Ducks have not contacted him
at all since he decided to stay an extra year.  Mike's parents are
stressing that he should stay in school at all costs.
Who knows...
--
            \\\\\///
            / ^   _ \