Sender:
From:
"Greg R. Berge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 06:47:07 -0500
> has anyone been able to decipher the tiebreakers between the four teams
> currently tied for first in the ECAC in order to decide who would
> get the NCAA bid that will be awarded to the regular season winner
> if the season were to end today?

So far in games between these four teams we have:

Cornell 6 Vermont 4
Vermont 7 Cornell 5
***
RPI 4 Cornell 2
***
Clarkson 5 Cornell 2
***
Clarkson 2 Vermont 1
Vermont 2 Clarkson 1
***
Clarkson 5 RPI 1
Clarkson 4 RPI 0
***
RPI 4 Vermont 2

So the head-to-head record (which is the same as the record vs top 4),
which would be the first (and second) level tie-breaker if all four teams
were tied at the end of the year, is currently:

1.  Clarkson (4-1)
2.  RPI (2-2)
3.  Vermont (2-3)
4.  Cornell (1-3)