Sender:
From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 00:02:29 -0400
At 11:42 PM -0400 11/26/96, I wrote [on INFO-HOCKEY-L]:
> BU beat Harvard, 5-1.  Chris Drury had a hat trick and an assist to give
> him 15-10--25 in 11 games this year.

The postgame on WABU-68 was pretty funny.  First, Drury was asked why he
didn't follow his brother Ted to Harvard.  Chris's answer: "Well, I didn't
get in."  (whoops!)

But that's not the funny part.  Next they brought on the ever quotable Matt
Wright.  The sideline reporter - Jim Falla? - is also apparently a
professor at BU and Wright was one of his students.  Wright comes on and
says, with a straight face, "Harvard was my second choice; I turned them
down early decision to come to BU."  He went on to say that he considers
himself to be in the mold of a Mike Eruzione, "I score a big goal every now
and then."

Eruzione was doing color for the broadcast.  When they went back to the
booth, Mike threw in a jab at Matt - "What he is he talking about?  He
hasn't even scored ONE goal yet."  Yow!  (actually, Wright has 2 goals this
year)

Is it me, or is Wright is drawn to tv cameras like flies to...oh well,
never mind.  Sometimes I think he purposely hangs around the cameras for
these golden moments of fame.

So if you tuned out as soon as the game ended, you missed it.  That's one
for the highlight tape.

Mike Machnik                [log in to unmask]               *HMM* 11/13/93
*****   (Part-Time) Color Voice of Merrimack Hockey  WCAP 980 AM    *****