Sender:
From:
"Jason W. Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:15:39 -0500
To: greenie <[log in to unmask]>
On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, greenie wrote:

> Lately it seems that there has been increasingly excessive flak directed
> towards college athletes that leave school early, both in the press and
> here on hockey-L.
>

> Too many people criticze college athletes for leaving school early,
> claiming that if these kids don't make it in the professional leagues,
> they're stuck. RUBBISH. If you've been accepted into college once, then
> you'll get accepted again. Who's to say that Eric Lindros or Kevin Garnett
> (basketball) won't decide to go to college after they retire from pro
> sports? Nothing's stopping them.
>

> Jason Greene

--I agree, its a decision that the student/athelete has to make and he
has to make the best descision he can for himself- what ever it is- its
still his decision and should be his only....

---Eric Lindros - took some classes at the best business school in
Canada,  University of Western Ontario, during the lockout last year.

--Steve Larmer - who just recently retired is attending a community
college in Southern Ontario.

----Hockey players that have played in the NHL, College or Major
Junior-levels
have opportunities just by playing at that level.  Coaching,
Broadcasting, Scouting, etc....
---or they can go back to school...
---or they can go into business for themselves....

-they have quite a few opportunities and many choices so I wouldn't say
they are closing any doors by not getting that degree before...

-In any case, I think he made the right decision......

Jason Roy
University of Manitoba
Go Tech!!!!!