Sender:
From:
Lawrence Weintraub <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 16:38:10 -0500
To: "Jeffrey T. Anbinder" <[log in to unmask]>
On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Jeffrey T. Anbinder wrote:

> Todd Milewski said:
> >At least no two bands seem to play the Bud Song the same, even though
> >everyone uses the same arrangement.
>
> Hardly... Cornell's Big Red Pep Band lays down most of their instruments
> and lets the tuba section play their own arrangement by themselves, usually
> sounding much tighter on it than any of the full bands I've ever heard
> playing it.

actually, the Cornell Marching Band did play the arangement in question
for one football game this season.  As a result of the bands general
assessment of the tune, it will never be played by any Cornell Band for a
long, long time.  And I wouldn't want it to be.  It's a pretty lousy
piece, I think, and I was the one who choose it to be played by the band.

Larry Weintraub '98

Thanks Big Red, the ride was incredible.