Sender:
From:
Ken Pavelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 1996 17:29:54 CST
> You won't find too many avid hockey players who condone the throwing of
> objects onto the ice, particularly fish and fruit. Anything that leaves a
> residue on the ice has the poential to result in a player twisting an ankle
> or knee if his skate edge catches on it. That's why you'll often see
> referees and players picking up even the smallest pieces of tape or broken
> shards of sticks that end up on the ice over the course of a game.
>
> There's also a big difference between throwing fish on the ice--and
> throwing fish AT the players on the ice. The latter is what is allowed to
> occur at Cornell.
>

> --Mike Jackman

Without any flames, I believe you are mistaken.  In the three years I had
season tickets, I never once saw someone throw a fish at a player.  The only
thing I've ever seen thrown at opposing players at Lynah are front pages
from the Cornell Daily Sun.  Mike, if you (or other HOCKEY-L'ers) were at a
game where you saw this occur, please say so and I'll get off my high horse.
If this is speculation, well, please don't speculate.

-->Ken Pavelle, who wishes he didn't have to wait a whole week for the next
   week's games...