Sender:
From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 1994 23:43:50 -0500
Maine hockey rolls on....

Maine extended their unbeaten streak to 19 games this season with a 4-3 win
over St. Cloud State to sweep the series.  The game was not as close as the
score might show.
St. Cloud did show improvement from last nights game.  Both teams played
excellent center zone defense.  St. Cloud played very well along the boards,
and again played a physical game.  They did not however stay out of the
penalty box and Maine made them pay.  Maine scored 2 goals (I believe) on
the powerplay, enough to decide the game.  St. Cloud did play well
shorthanded, they kept Maine from setting up in the offensive zone by
standing them up well at the blue line, but Maine used slow dumps and their
speed to gain control, and once they were able to set up, they were able to
use some great playmaking again tonight.  Maine missed on *many* chances on
some great passes.
Again the Maine defense was tough.  In Maine's last 4 games they have only
given up 8 goals.  Blair Allison looked good in goal, even though he faced
under or near 20 shots.  Maine all weekend frustrated St. Cloud with their
defense and strong forechecking.  St. Cloud also picked up the forecheck as
well tonight, but they were not able to generate much offensive with it.
I believe, (I'm doing all this from memory) that Maine goals were scored by
Roenick, Frenette (on a breakaway), Tory (great shot from the point, upper
right corner) and Purdie (off a great pass on the powerplay).  Maine is now
14-0-5!
| DERON TREADWELL - [log in to unmask] |
|     The Hockey Bears are back in '94!      |
|         M-A-I-N-E  GO BLUE!  14-0-5        |