From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1993 18:22:10 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]> "Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>Thanks to Jayson for clearing up the history of the participants in the
>'93 RPI Tournament.  I guess that Lowell must have been passified by
>making RPI their opponent in the first round as this would guarantee
>them a Div-I opponent.  This does seem to make the RPI-Lowell matchup
>the highlight of the tournament, and it occurs in the first round.

WHOA!!! RPI is NOT playing Lowell in the first round.
The schedule is:

Lowell vs. Army
RPI vs. Mount Allison

Just thought I'd clear that up a bit..

>This is unless Mount Allison is better then the typical Canadian School
>that has played in this tournament.   RPI has played Mount Allison many
>years ago, and I seem to recall that RPI easily beat them, but that is
>no indication how they are now.

Indications are that Mount Allison has a good hockey team. Better than average when one thinks about Canadian colleges.

>It is surprising that Hockey-L gets
>no reports on Canadian College teams, which I assume would be allowed
>under the charter.  There was a very recent post to the effect that it
>is surprising that Canadian Schools are not better than they are.
>
>After saying all of this, I can just see Army winning the tournament.

*  Jayson Moy                   *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer *
*  [log in to unmask]                 *  Hockey, Baseball and Football on         *
*                               *  91.5FM  WRPI, Troy                       *