From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1992 00:35:30 CST
Thanks Carol for digging up the address for complaints about the
lack of tv coverage for this stage of the hockey playoffs.  I really
think people should let them know that we care.  This year's format
could be a good setup if it got a little more coverage.

On a local news broadcast tonight, the sportscaster said that the
station had met all the monetary requirements to broadcast the
UW-SLU on Saturday.  However, the NCAA decided to stick by their
blackout rule so there will be no tv coverage here in Madison.
I understand that the people out in Providence have to be worried
about the lack of attendance at the games there.  However I doubt
if televising the game with so little notice in Wisc is going to
hurt their walk-up ticket sales.

-----------------

I heard these results from Detroit (not positive about the actual scores):
Northern Michigan  8  Clarkson  4
Lake Superior  7  Alaska-Anchorage  3

-----------------

Mike M. writes about Providence:
>Attendance was a disappointing 5,327, about 40% of capacity.  Ice was brutal.
                                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why was the ice so bad?  I also heard that it was very humid, i.e. Derksen
said that he was getting dehydrated during the game.

>Sorry for these, but Jon Barkan of College Hockey Magazine and myself
>conferred to come up with the best nicknames of the night.  It's just
>coincidence that they're all from UNH or Wisconsin.  MSU and BU really have
>no good names.

>7. Jason Francisco "Rinaldi", Wis

I don't get this one---am I completely out of touch.

>2. Domenic "I'm on-a Mexican" Amodeo, UNH
   (honorable mention: Domenic "Rock Me" Amodeo)
>1. Frank "Funky Cold" Messina, UNH

What varied musical tastes!

How about Chris "half" Nelson, Wis or Blaine "it on Rio" Moore, Wis.

mark grassl