From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2001 13:34:58 -0400
I read on a sign entering Pepsi Arena that it was illegal to sell
tickets for more than face value.  Therefore you should be legally
able to sell it for face value.

There was a court case here in Boston about the issue because
the Boston Police arrested a man for selling his extra Red Sox
ticket(s) for face value near Fenway Park, which was illegal
according to the police.  I did not follow the case closely, but I
believe the courts dismissed the charges and ruled it was legal for
anyone to resell tickets for face value (or less).

Sean

On 7 Apr 01, at 12:40, Sara M. Fagan wrote:

> Just found out my sister won't be going to the game tonight.  Nice
> time to tell me.  So I have an extra ticket for tonight.  I wonder if
> I can sell it outside the arena without getting arrested. Anybody need
> a ticket?
>
> Sara
> SLU '77
> Let's go SAINTS!!!

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers