From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 11:56:01 -0500
I just looked at the official online game summaries for the two
Women's semifinals and the give the combined attendance of the
two games as 2099.  If true I believe that is is quite good.  For
comparison, the WCHA Championship game's attendance played
in Rochester, MN was stated as 748.  I expect the Championship
game attendance to be higher with Minn-Duluth playing.

Sean

On 23 Mar 01, at 12:59, Joe LaCour wrote:

> The great interest in the Women's Frozen Four has caused ONE, repeat
> ONE television station to cover the two semifinals and final live.
>
> The station is WCKN-TV in Potsdam, NY.  I'm sure a bunch of TV sets
> will be turned to that one tonight as SLU is playing (NOT ON TV)
> Colorado College in the Men's Div 1 prelim round at the same time.
> And, having been marooned in Potsdam for 5 years, I can tell you that
> the TV market in the Potsdam - Canton viewing area is not in the top
> 100 in the USA
>
> I'll be moving my Big, Ugly Dish to Telstar 4, Transponder 17 this
> evening to see the HUGE crowds at the Women's semi finals.  Maybe I'll
> get Men's D1 updates there, too.
>
> I'm a bit peeved that (a) the NCAA did not do a better job of getting
> the Ladies' tournament on live TV (NESN is showing it on tape delay)
> and (b) that the NCAA played "gender equity" with the TV $ and took
> the men's prelim rounds off the schedule to accommodate the ladies.
> Somebody in Indianapolis or Kansas City has to do a better job.
>
> Anyway, I'll be watching MSC for the Maine - UMinn game and flipping
> to the Women's games at commercials.
>
> Joe
>
> PS  Coordinates for the Women's final is Sunday 6PM EST Telstar 5
> Transponder 24.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers