From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 11:58:07 -0500
I think Ed put his two cents in on this, but now seeing the original, I echo
Ed's concern with Merrimack.

But -- what if you flip Merrimack with UMass-Ahmerst?  Does that work?

Travel is still a bit of a bear - the travel partners do not quite line up
in a neat geographic pattern, but....

However, I still believe Adam Wodon had the best idea.  Have the 12 schools
punt the ECAC. In fact, have ALL the ECAC schools (d1 - d3) tell the ECAC
bye-bye.  The academics first philosophy of the current D1 league can be
kept, but let's look like a league that knows what it is doing.

While we're talking ECAC, does a record exist of conference RPI and
individual PWR going back a few years??  That would be a good indication of
how a league (and it's teams) is doing.  I can remember when Clarkson was #2
in the PWR (95??) - now the best we are is 12 or so.  Something is rotten
somewhere.

Joe LaCour
Clarkson '77/78
I was marooned in Potsdam with Jerry York -- 1973 - 1978.