From:
Troy Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 18:17:10 -0500
Boy, am I pumped. I just got back from picking up my season hockey tickets
and had a chance to talk to Coach Peters. Even though this season is pretty
much the same old schedule they have had for years, the 1999-2000 and
2000-2001 schedules have got me ready for the Beavers to drop the puck. In
1999-2000, the Beavers will play at Grand Forks and have a home and home
with UMD. They also have a 24 game schedule with "the alliance" (Air Force,
Alabama-Huntsville, Army, Bentley, Findley and Niagara) and three
contracted games with the MIAC (D-III) that Peters said they will honor. In
2000-2001, UND will make the trip to the Beaver Pond and "the alliance"
will be scheduled. As far as another UMD series goes, I am not sure. The
Beavers also have the D-I Indy Tournament on their schedule in March. Does
anyone know if this is still on or did it get dropped?

The women's team gets Minnesota in Bemidji this year and their complete
home schedule was included in the season tickets. In all, 29 home hockey
games in 1998-99 for $150. The fans that I talked to realized the Beavers
may (will) take their lumps for a few years but were ready to ride it out.

Troy Mills

Bemidji State (96)
NAIA Champs:  1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1979, 1980
NCAA III Champs:  1986
NCAA II Champs:  1984, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997
NCAA I Champs:  ????