From:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 20:55:21 -0500

>  Even though UNH was short a few players they still had the nucleus of
>their offense and a solid goalie.

UNH was without more than a "few", eight to be exact, nearly half their
regular skaters, including 3 of the 6 defesemen.  Maybe we wouldn't have
won with them, but it certainly would have been a better game.  The bottom
line is that we did beat them3 out of 4 this year.

>  The facts show that Shawn Walsh cheated and got caught.  Maine has payed
>its price and hopefully the subject can be dropped after this year and they
>can move on.  If Coach Walsh can run a clean program then Maine deserves to
>be credited for what it has done and will do in the future.  He certainly
>can coach.

Is there a 3 strikes and your out rule for college coaches?  Even if there
were, would the UMaine administration adhere to it?  Can a leopard change
his spots or, more aptly, can a tiger change his stripes?  We'll see.

Greg Ambrose,
GO UNH BLUE!!!