Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 1991 22:57:21 EST
After discussing amongst ourselves, Dave Fischer (SID at  Michigan
Tech), Scott Monaghan (SID at Lake Superior State) and I have decided
to begin compiling a weekly national college hockey leaders
statistical sheet that we will provide to all 45 Div. I schools
either directly by FAX or via league offices.  Those of you with
access to college hockey SIDs might try to acquire this and put it on
the list for everyone to see.  I'll be able to do it when I have
time, but we're aiming at compiling a pretty comprehensive
statistical release with top 25 scorers (by points per game and by
overall totals), top 15 goalies (by GAA) and top 15 teams in selected
categories, so I'll have to see how much time I have.  We'll start
this weekend.

We've heard this is already being done in some places, but since none
of us has seen anything like this, we can only assume that it is not
very accessible.  We've already contacted the four league offices and
most of the independents, so they are expecting it.

Justin Doherty, Northern Michigan