From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1991 22:44:14 EST
Before only 1981 quiet fans at the Cumberland Civic Center (Portland,
ME), the Maine Black Bears opened their regular season with a tough win
over Kent State University.

Kent    2  1  1     -  4
Maine   2  1  1  1  -  5

Maine out-shot Kent State 38-20 in regulation, but Kent goalie
Paul Dixon was outstanding, and was the clear 1st star of the game.

Scoring: (sorry, I didn't get all assists, so I'll omit all of them)

1 M Roy
1 M Roy     PP
1 K Gunnerson
1 K Evans
2 M LaCouture
2 K Evans
3 M Burcar
3 K Cummins PP
otM Ingraham  (on a 2-on-1 with Robitaille)

Trivia: Kent goalie Dixon was to come to Maine, but Coach Walsh chose
chose to offer Mike Dunham the scholarship.