From:
Adam Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adam Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Oct 1994 09:31:27 -0500
+ Steve Weisfeldt wrote:
+
+ Who was the guy sitting behind the Maine bench in the fron row wearing a
+ Hockey-L t-shirt?!?!?  You got a lot of camera exposure!!  Great
+ advertising!

+ Sean Pickett wrote:

[stuff deleted]

+ P.S.  I watched the replay of the NU-Maine game on NESN when I
+ got home.  I want to know where that Hockey-L t-shirt (on the
+ BU fan behind the Maine bench) came from.  What's more, I want
+ to know where I can get one.

  That was me.  Great seats, eh! :)  And I'm now a Northeastern
graduate student, so I was really just in disguise as a BU fan. :)

  The shirt was made and distributed by Carol White from Minnesota,
who also did the art work [very nice!] and layout.  And to think she
started making buttons. :)  Anyway, she's made the buttons for the
last two or three years and the shirts this last year.  She usually
sends them out near the end of the season.  I picked up my shirts
during the championships last year.

  Regarding the game:  I personally don't like the idea of shootouts,
for the general reasons of a "purist", but I can only say one thing
about the one on Friday:  It worked!!!

  The stated purpose by HE for the shootout was to make the game more
exciting for the fans, and the shootout certainly did that.
Throughout the game, the fans were just sort of sitting there,
cheering the goals, but mostly just reacting to the game.  When the
shootout happened, it was a total change.  Every fan was into the
action, up and cheering or trying to distract the shooters.  The crowd
absolutely roared when the final Northeastern shot went in the for the
"win".

  I can complain about it all I want, but the fact of the matter is
that the shootout worked in this case.  I just hope this doesn't lead
to a demand to have it used to decide games.

adam
BU '89, NU '??

ps. Northeastern University is located on Huntington Ave in Boston,
thus the "Huntington Hounds".  [ForThoseWhoCare, The first *cough*
baseball World Series was held, in what is now about the center of
the NU campus, at Huntington Field where the Red Sox played at the
time.  I think the Ave. got its name from that, or vica versa.]