From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 1994 10:59:00 PST
Warning: Please delete now if you're not interested in Michigan and Michigan
State's interpersonal relationship. :-)

First, I received a message off the list from a friend at MSU who said that
the Lansing paper reported an incident in the press box at MSU on Saturday
night involving CCHA head of officials Dave Fisher, someone from UM
(*possibly* an assistant coach) and an MSU representative.  I wish I knew
more, but I don't.  I haven't even seen the article.  My understanding is
that is was a verbal incident regarding the officiating.

Why bring this up?  Well, it MAY relate to the following, which I learned
last night.  (Of course, it MAY have nothing to do with the following. :-)

This is my understanding, as related secondhand.

Apparently, upwards of 1/2 of the UM parents were NOT given seats behind the
bench for Saturday's game, but were give standing room only tickets.  Now,
we've been through this before how MSU and UM attempts to shaft each other
on the tickets, but this is absurd.  Screwing the visiting fans to the wall
is cheap, but screwing the parents is tasteless.  What gives?

Also, I've been told that Michigan's scratches (players not participating in
the game) were not allowed into the press box on Saturday, while Michigan
State's scratches were.  This is also a bunch of crap.  Could this be
related to the incident reported in the paper?

As usual, I have the Ann Arbor version of everything.  I would appreciate it
if someone could confirm or deny the above, and clarify what actually
happened on Saturday night.  Please message me privately if it you feel it
isn't relevant to the list.

Thanks.

  John H
  U Mich (22-2-1)