From:
"Brady W. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 1994 22:36:20 +28216
        1       2       3       T

UAA     2       1       1       4
MTU     0       0       1       1

        This was a great night for the Seawolves, an awful one for
Luciano Caravaggio.  I was surprised that Carravaggio was put in the
net tonight, after Ram's excellent play last night earned the Huskies
a tie.  The MTU freshman goalie's trials began midway through the
first period, when a collision put his head into the top bar of the
goal, a clank audible in the nosebleed seats.  It took nearly five
minutes for him to stand up.  Still he stayed in the net.  He actually
played quite well, stopping 14 of 16 in the first, and 18 of 19 in the
second.. we peppered him.  Then came the third period.  Play
deteriorated much in the third period, and with six minutes left in
the game, after he was charged by UAA wing Troy Norcross, Caravaggio
retaliated and had to be held back by two of his teammates, earning
himself a five minute major for slashing and a game disqualification.
Ram went into the goal for MTU at that time, and although he was not
scored on, I don't have the goalie saves for MTU in the third.  On our
side of the ice, freshman goalie Chris Davis played excellently for
UAA, raising his record to 2-1, stopping 8 in the first, 2 in the
second and 12 of 13 in the third for a game total of 22 of 23.  This
win raises UAA to 9-11-2 overall and 8-10-2 in the WCHA.  We end our
play against MTU for the season with a record of 2-0-2 against them,
and end a four game home stand with a record of 3-0-1.  UAA's play has
been steadily improving as the season goes on, with the Seawolves
playing a much faster and more physical game than they had at the
beginning of the season.  Next weekend UAA plays at Minnesota-Duluth.

Brady Clark
UAA Math/CS Department