From:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Hungerford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1993 10:58:56 EST
Over the weekend at the Olympic Festival the US Women's Team beat
a "younger" Team Canada 6-3, and 7-3.  I understand that Karen Kay
the coach at UNH is the current National Team coach.  She is using
last weekend and a week-long training camp in December to select
the players for the World Championship in Lake Placid next April.

From a variety of sources, the speculation is that women's ice
hockey will not be part of the 1994 Winter Olympics.  It appears
they are pointing toward 1998 in Japan.  At that point it will
be a medal event.

I saw that former Harvard player Sandra Whyte '92 was playing on the
team in San Antonio.  (Offense or defense?)

I also heard that "they" are working on TV coverage for the Women's
1994 World Championship.  --wow--

/
 good shooting
 rhun