From:
Andrew D Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 90 11:54:56 EST
Unforrtuantaley, I have no facts to add to the fire, but I did speak
to Dave Wohlhueter, Cornell's Director of Sports Information, on the
phone.  He has NOT heard of any changes by the NCAA Membership Structure
Committee.  Just for kicks he asked me to tell hime what I had heard.
1)  Recatagorize Ice Hockey into Field Hockey and Lacrosse.  This would
imply only one full-time assitant coach, and fewer scholarships.  He
said "I don't think so."
2) Make schools have uniform division status for their sports.  He said
"No way."  Very quickly I might add.
3) 34 Game Limit.  He thought it was a good idea.  (Ivies have a 26 game
limit)
Keep in mind that these are all his own opinion.  He suggested that I
call our Athletic Director, Laing Kennedy.  He is out of town till
tomorrow afternoon, so I will let you know then what the scoop from him
is.
GO RED!

Andrew D. Williams
Cornell University Law School                 Educational Technologies
Computing Lab Supervisor                              Ithaca, New York
BitNet: gjuy@cornella          InterNet: [log in to unmask]
Standard Disclaimer Applies...
Hoping for a future in Space Infrastructure Development