From:
Michael Burger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1992 20:13:51 -0700
Since speculation has been rampant, I thought I would give a list of the
various Prime Network affiliates across the country.  All of these are
owned in some part by the biggest cable jerk of them all, Bill Daniels.
For example, our Prime affiliate in Denver is "having a dispute with
SportsChannel America" and therfore "can't pick up the NHL."  What a joke.

Anyway:

Affiliate Name            Location
NESN                      New England
MSG                       Eastern NY, NJ, CT
Empire                    Western NY
KBL                       PA, WV, Eastern OH
HTS                       MD, DE, VT, NC
Sport South               KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, SC
Sunshine                  FL
HSE                       NM, TX, OK, LA, AR
PASS                      MI, Northern OH
PSN - Midwest             MO, WI, IL, IN (only on some systems)
PSN - Upper Midwest       MN, IA, ND, SD
PSN - Rocky Mountain      KS, NE, CO, WY
PSN - Intermountain West  UT, MT, ID, Northern NV
PSN - Northwest           WA, OR, AK
Pacific Sports Network    Northern CA
Prime Ticket              CA, AZ, Southern NV

Also, Sports Channels Chicago and Ohio showed many college games, so the games
might appear there as well.

And let's get one other thing clear - ESPN did not "sell" the rights to
Prime Network, they simply chose not to pick up the rights at all.  As
scary as it sounds, I would have to agree with them that pre-season baseball
would get better ratings than college hockey.  It's up to us to change that
sorry situation.

Mike Burger
Michigan '90
Hail to the victors valiant,