Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 1992 12:54:00 EST
When I was at RPI, I went to games a most of the ECAC rinks including:

Dartmouth - nice building but the fans just were not in the game nor were
there many fans at the game.  I think there were more from RPI than from
Dartmouth.

West Point - concrete central!  The cadets do get into the game.

Harvard - nice building but not as new as Dartmouth.  Great Fans.

Yale - I recall this being a small building with a small number of seats.  The
fans were a lot of fun.

Princeton - another small building.  The fans were a little resigned to the
fate of their team during the time I was there.  Hopefully this has changed.

Vermont - great building to watch hockey!  The only problem was the number of
seats.  The fans were great!

Colgate - I remember this building being older with terrible seats.  The fans
were the worst!  As a visiting band, we were assaulted from below the
bleachers.  Eventually security was called because instruments were being
stolen!

RPI - I would rank this building as good and the fans as loud and knowledgable
but I am biased.

In the final ranking:

        Buildings              Fans                Overall

        Vermont                Vermont             Vermont
        Dartmouth              Harvard             Harvard
        Harvard                RPI                 RPI
        RPI                    Yale                Yale
        Yale                   Army                Dartmouth
        Princeton              Princeton           Princeton
        Colgate                Dartmouth           Army
        Army                   Colgate             Colgate

This is only my opinion from a few games at each rink and many at RPI.  My
apologies to the other ECAC teams but I have not been to the rinks.

Eric Maiwald                             maiwald at dockmaster.ncsc.mil
RPI '87                               Go, Go, Go, You, Red, Red, Red!!!