From:
"Jeffrey S. Piek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey S. Piek
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 15:01:42 -0600
Sorry that this is only remotely associated with college hockey but
since there was previous discussion on the subject, I thought I'd
update you.

The owner of the IHL Cincinnati Cyclones has bought Reiverfront
Coliseum (now to be known as Crown Coliseum) for $21 million.  In
addition, they are putting $14 million in renovations.  The Cyclones
are going to move there with the Cincinnati Silverbacks (soccer) from
the Cincinnati Gardens.

Too bad it did not happen before last year's championship games.  Who
knows, maybe with the new owners the staff will not drill holes in the
ice to deep ;-)

A final note.  They are breaking a trend by not passing the cost
directly to the fans since they announced that ticket prices will not
increase!  How refreshing.