From:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
TerryTuschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 12:12:00 CST
In one of the craziest games I've ever seen, New Hampshire defeated the
Wisconsin Badgers by a score of 9-7, in only the 3rd ever loss by Wisconsin
in the Badger Showdown history.

Wisconsin came out and dominated NH, scoring 4 goals in the first 11 minutes
of the contest!  New Hampshire then proceeded to score 5 straight goals in
the second half of the 1st period.  The final tally coming with under a
minute to go in the period.

In the second period, the Badgers scored two more times to take a 6-5 lead.
But as has been a UW trend recently, NH scored a goal in the final minute on
the 2nd period to tie the game at 6.

The 3rd period had NH take the lead at 7-6, Wisconsin tie it up again at 7.
Then NH scored a questionable goal.  The referee actually called up to have
the play reviewed on video.  I don't know what the question was: Maybe the
puck was kicked in - clearly not.  Maybe there was a NH player in the crease
- clearly.  Maybe the referee didn't have a clue what was going on during the
whole game,  no doubt.  I've never seen a crew of officials get in the way as
much as this crew did.  They were constantly getting hit with the puck,
always missing offsides because they were dragging....UHG!

New Hampshire played a good game, and didn't give up when they were down.
Hats off to them.  Very nice fans as well.

COLORADO COLLEGE - VERMONT notes:

CC was clearly the better team.  I was disappointed with Vermont.  CC was
faster, tougher and smarter than Vermont.  Vermont's dynamic duo were
non-existant.

To say the least, CC did a good job clogging up the middle and holding up
Vermont's forwards.....to say the most it was interference.  Enough said.

More after today's games.

Yours,

Terry E. Tuschen Jr.

University of Wisconsin-Madison                   WISCONSIN BADGERS
Space Science and Engineering            NCAA DIV. 1 Mens Ice Hockey Champions
McIDAS Archive                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 1997?!
[log in to unmask]                           "A great day for hockey!"
http://www.ssec.wisc.edu/~terryt/ssec.html