From:
"Sprung, Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sprung, Mike
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 08:16:49 -0800
Well, as far as fans leaving early, I can only say that this is neither unique to college hockey nor to RPI.  Some people are just like that, and if things are not going well, they tend to bail--no matter which sport or team.
Lets talk about the lucky few who actually GET to the game early (I'm talking at least a 1/2 hour).  When I was at RPI, I made sure that I was there to watch the pre-game warm-ups.  I could stand right up on the glass, not 10 feet away from the goal, and watch things like curving slapshots, offensive and defensive drills, and intense goalie work.  This was the most exciting part of the game for me, and I sincerely believe that I learned the most about the game during these sessions, when just about everyone else had not even arrived at the parking lot yet!

Mike Sprung  19 RPI 92