From:
"John R. Nash" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John R. Nash
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 11:23:04 -0600
From Friday's Wisconsin State Journal feature by Bill Brophy:

        "I'm not sure the Wisconsin fans won't know it's not Wisconsin if
they see red and white," said [Gopher coach Doug] Woog, who has coached
Minnesoate into the NCAA tournament each of his 10 years behind the bench.
"RPI wears red and white, don't they?  The players will probably think they
are at home.  I don't think RPI really got any more tickets than we did..."
        "If they cheer against us in our own building against a non-league
opponent [referring to the Badger fans at the College Hockey Showcase,
which was in St. Paul this year], I'm sure their encouragement will be even
higher here," said Woog.  "I'd love to say they are going to cheer for us.
I'd love to give them a challenge and say, 'Gosh, guys, next time you're in
Minneapolis, we'd gather up our fans and band for you.'
        "I'll get on one knee and beg for their help.  How's that?  I'd do
two knees if it would help.  I'll even throw in a drink at the bar."

I've got to hand it to Wooger -- he's got a good sense of humor.  As if
we'd cheer for the Gophers... As if the Minnesota band could even _play_
something other than the Rouser...  (it's a joke, people!)  Gosh, guys,
next he'll be asking us not to call Callinan a seive!

All set for some fantastic hockey,
        john

-==-John R. [log in to unmask] Chem. Dept-==-