From:
Michael Taksa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 03:54:53 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Ralph Baer) writes:
|> Let me first thank Kurt for posting the box scores of the
|> RPI-Harvard games.  One thing struck me as unusual:
|>

|> > HU-Breistroff (playing without a helmet)  7:52
|> >

|> Could someone explain what happened and what the relevant rule is?  As
|> it seems to me highly unlikely that someone stepped onto the ice
|> without a helmet, I assume that Breistroff's helmet was knocked off
|> during play.  I have always thought that if a helmet comes off one
|> could continue play until the next whistle, or is this only the NHL
|> rule?
|>
|> Ralph Baer
|> RPI '68, '70, '74
|>
|> QUIT
 I was sitting in section 16 and saw the whole thing. Breistroff's helmet
 was knocked off behined harvard goal line. As soon as that happened he
 started skating toward harvard bench. The play continued. At that time the
puck came to one of the RPI players inside harvard zone near the blue line.
 At that time Breistroff was on his way to the bench very close to the puck.
I don't know what was going through his head, but he turned around with the
helmet in his hand and tryed to play the puck. The wistle was blown before he
even made the play. In other words the ref blew the wistle as soon as
 Breistroff departed from his way to the bench.