Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1991 16:52:17 EDT
Bill Fenwick writes:
>Students at Brown can also attend home games free of charge with a valid ID,
>or at least they could last year.  I don't know whether that has always been
>the policy or if students were at some point given the free ride in an
>attempt to boost sagging attendance figures.  The latter is definitely a
>possibility -- Brown had some BAD teams in the '80s.

Nope, Brown has ALWAYS (at least as far as I know ;-) admitted
students free.  This is (was?) the policy for all sports (including
the football).

As far as attempts to boost attendance go, hockey was second fiddle
to (gasp! ;-) basketball!  This was in the late 70s/early 80s (when
the teams first started their slide to the basement.  Attendance at
hockey games was down slightly during my couple of years, but hockey
was still popular among the students.

Steve "Sluggo" Allen-Shinn
Brown '82    GO YOU BEARS!!!
GE Aerospace, SCSD