From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 06:38:51 -0500
There was considerable discussion yesterday about comparing the merits
of various college hockey teams including the Cornell teams from around
1970, the RPI team from 1985 and Maine's from two years ago.  I was
wondering if anyone knows any details about how good the Michigan teams
of the late 40's and early 50's that won I think five NC$$
championships in a row and made the tournament about eight years in
a row?  (I am sorry that I don't have the exact numbers handy.)  I am
pretty certain that they were not as good as the more recent teams, due
to the general improvement in talent and quality of play, but they
certainly did dominate their competition.

Note to Mike:  Would it be OK to call it the NCAA instead of the NC$$
when referring to the 1950's?  :-)

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74