From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 09:05:54 -0700
First, thanks for most all of you posters who are voluntarily keeping the
scores out of the subject line.  I am about to watch the tape delay of
BU-BC and I do not know the score ahead of time!!

Second, I second the motion to somehow change the RPI thing to RI (ratings
index?) or somesuch.  It can be a bit confusing esp if you are mentioning
RPI's RPI!  And no self respecting alum will condescend to use
"Rensselaer" I think :-)

BTW, I received an alum newsletter the other day touting a "contest" to
rename "Rensselaer's athletic teams"  It said that the name "Engineers"
was only used by the hockey team.  I don't think this is true, I think
football did and other sports. Any recent alum comments?  The main reason
seems to be that the name "Engineers" is not marketable, i.e. you can't
make a cuddly doll or whatever to sell.  How about a tee-shirt with a
slide rule on it?  :-)

Go Engineers!!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

PS - any comments on the play of Spadafore in goal at Air Force on Fri
would be welcome!!