From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 12:57:30 -0500
Lloyd Ney writes:

>     With the NCAA tournament coming up, everyone is pulling for his or
>her favorite team to "go to the show".  I am pulling on behalf of Lake
>Superior State University, even though at first look their record does
>not warrant support.  This team is a second half team, traditionally,
>and after a championship game loss to Wisconsin in the Marriucci
>Classicand a tie against national power Michigan State, the Lakers
>seemed poised to make a bid for themselves to be one of the lucky 16.
>What do you think?  (negative opinions accepted but not preffered)

As a Laker fan I'm glad to hear this and I agree that LSSU is a second
half team.  In fact, in recent years they have "gelled" right at tournament
time to the delight of their fans.  I think a good indicator will be how
they do against Michigan this weekend.  Objectively, if they don't
do well it would be hard to recommend they be given a berth in the
tournament.  As a fan, I hate to say that but it seams reasonable.
The bad news is that Michigan is very strong and the Lakers don't
usually pull it together this early in the season.  The
good news is I have tickets for both games. :-)  See you there.

Matt Wickey                     LSSU '86
Carnegie Group, Inc.            Go LAKERS!