From:
Michael Taksa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 1994 03:50:48 GMT
>    We had the RPI vs. Rensselaer thread a while back, now here's
>another name change at the 'Tute for RPI/Rensselaer/Engineer/???
>fans to ponder:
      Engineer sounds like an exellent name to me.
>The committee is requesting nickname and mascot ideas from all
>members of the Rensselaer community.  The new name should reflect
>some aspect of Rensselaer, such as its tradition and history, its
>geographic location, or its academic mission or nature.
       When I read the article in the poly today, Iknew that there will be discussion about it on the net. Lately it seems like hockey-l is centered around RPI. Maybe because it's named rpi.mail.hockey-l.
   Anyway what name would reflect the ACCADEMIC MISSION OR NATURE of the engineering school better than "ENGINEERS"
 I like the name as it is right now and I think the great mojority of the RPI fans would agree when I say "LEAVE THE NAME ALONE"
 As for the geografic emphasis on the name I like RPI ENGINEERS much better than
      RENSSALAER TROYLETS
 As goes for the mascot I will be very glad if we had PUCKMAN.
 It does appear on the uniforms, but it would be much better to see live PUCKMAN
(or at least an impersanator that dressed like him) on the ice between the periods
       This is all folks.
    I will be very upset if the name chages.
    LET's GO RED. (Maybe the new president PIPES does not like the color of the uniforms either) Than it is safer to say  LET's GO RPI (I forgot he wants it to be RENSSALAER)  Than LET's GO RENSSALAER (Does not sound right)

 For me it will always be  LET's GO RED
            Michael Taksa   RPI, class of 96.