From:
"Robert L. Dunn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert L. Dunn
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 1994 18:15:01 -0400
On Thu, 30 Jun 1994, Debbie Somers wrote:

> DISCLAIMER:  No offense intended to BGSU or the CCHA ... I'm just
> confused.  Why would an AD/head coach at a school in one of the premier
> conferences want to become a head coach/assistant AD in another
> conference (also a premier conference)?

I can see two possibilities with this situation:

1) A chance to gain experience in an athletic department with a lot more
Division I sports (which BG has over NMU), while continuing to be a part
of an excellent hockey program.

or the opposite...

2) Being both the head coach and the AD may be too taxing (many examples
on this one).  By taking the position of Assistant AD, the coach still
has a chance to work with the dept., but not at the same high level of
repsonsibility (not that he would put off any job responsibilities) of AD.

Just some thoughts.