From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 1994 09:30:00 EDT
Carol Singer writes...
>The Capitals drafted two other high school seniors, but I don't know if
>they'll be attending college this fall.  They are:
>
>Matt Herr, C, 6-1, 180 lb., Hotchkiss School (4th round, 93rd overall)

Matt Herr is an incoming freshman at the Univ of Michigan.

Well, the newswire that I read has reported the 1st, 2nd and
5th-11th rounds of the draft.  Why they did not report rounds
3 and 4 is a mystery.  From a quick scan, here are the current
college players and a couple of incoming freshmen that were
drafted in rounds 5-11.  There were SEVERAL other college
bound players drafted [I know I recognized a few schools from
Tony's scouting area :-], but I'm too lazy to cross-reference
the NHL draft list with the available lists of incoming freshmen.
[At least I'm honest. :-]

Overall selection number is given in brackets.

[113] Quebec, Tony Tuzzolino, RW, Michigan State
[124] Dallas, Marty Turco, G, Cambridge Jr B [Michigan]
[155] New Jersey, Muciano Caravaggio, G, Michigan Tech
[158] Anaheim, Mark Welsing, D, Wisconsin
[213] Hartford, Ashlin Halfnight, D, Harvard
[217] Quebec, Tim Thomas, G, Vermont
[231] Detroit, Jeff Mikesch, C, Michigan Tech
[250] St Louis, Kevin Harper, D, Wexford Jr A [Michigan State]

  John H
  U Mich