From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jun 1994 16:36:55 -0400
The following note appeared in the May 25, 1994 issue of the NC$$
News, in the Executive Committee column.  (same issue as the notes on
infractions Charlie posted earlier)

>Approved an increase in the honorarium (from $1,000 to $2,000)
>for the individual who computes the rating percentage index
>in exchange for his agreeing to discontinue selling a similar
>RPI to institutions.

I'll just add that the NC$$ spin doctors sure are good...bet most of
the people reading this in the original publication didn't know that
not only is there virtually no similarity between the RPI and the
"similar RPI", but the "similar RPI" was never sold to anyone.

I translate this to "quit trying to improve upon our rating, and we'll
make it worth your while."
Mike Machnik                                             [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                     *HMM* 11/13/93