From:
Jim Baines <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Baines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 1994 17:39:12 EST
Maine is the NCAA tournament?  It ain't gonna happen.

Thanks to all of those forfeits, Maine has six wins this season.  Six.
No team with six wins makes the tournament, unless they win an automatic
bid.  Since Maine is out of the Hockey East tourney, a automatic bid in
impossible too.  Unless Hutchinson & Co. can use their attorneys to get
back in the Hockey East tournament, it's see ya in November, and just be
glad our season ended with a win.  (How many teams can saw that?)

Oh yeah, to all fellow Maine hockey fans...while you're griping about
Hockey East's decision, why don't you show some support for our basketball
team?  They're exciting, they're problem-free, and they're WINNING.

    |\  Jim Baines  [log in to unmask]   a.k.a. "Sportscaster"
    |/  UMaine '89     HOME OF COLLEGE HOCKEY'S NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!
  \ |\  "Fill the steins to Dear Old Maine, SHOUT 'til the rafters ring,"
   \|/        --The Maine Stein Song