From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 1994 15:50:23 EST
Bill Sangrey writes:
>Today on the radio I heard an advertisement that reminded me why we
>worry about rule enforcement in the NC$$.  The ad was for University of
>Arkansas Trading cards (not for their hockey team of course ;-) ).  The
>cards are being sold with profits going to the Athletic Department.
>Stop me if I am wrong, but didn't the NCAA say that Hockey programs
>could not do that?  Is this more selective enforcement, or did I miss
>something.  Maybe that orangeball sport has different rules.  Any
>thoughts?

The NC$$ did indeed say that hockey trading cards could no longer be sold,
but that rule does not go into effect until next year.  As for whether
basketball cards will still be sold, I hope not, but we'll have to wait
and see...
--
Disclaimer -- Unless otherwise noted, all opinions expressed above are
              strictly those of:

Bill Fenwick                        |  Send your HOCKEY-L poll responses to:
Cornell '86 and '94 (.5)            |  [log in to unmask]
LET'S GO RED!!
Reporter:    "What do you think of the team's execution?"
John McKay:  "I'm in favor of it."
-- an exchange that occurred while McKay was coaching the 0-14 Tampa Bay
   Buccaneers in 1976