From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 1994 08:33:58 -0500
>         This was a great night for the Seawolves, an awful one for
> Luciano Caravaggio.  I was surprised that Carravaggio was put in the
> net tonight, after Ram's excellent play last night earned the Huskies

As Bob Mancini said. after giving up only 2 goals in his last 2 games,
Carravaggio deserved to play.

> a tie.  The MTU freshman goalie's trials began midway through the
> first period, when a collision put his head into the top bar of the
> goal, a clank audible in the nosebleed seats.  It took nearly five
> minutes for him to stand up.  Still he stayed in the net.  He actually
> played quite well, stopping 14 of 16 in the first, and 18 of 19 in the
> second.. we peppered him.  Then came the third period.  Play
> deteriorated much in the third period, and with six minutes left in
> the game, after he was charged by UAA wing Troy Norcross, Caravaggio
> retaliated and had to be held back by two of his teammates, earning
> himself a five minute major for slashing and a game disqualification.

Sounds to me that instead of throwing him out of the game, that they should
have given him a whistle and a striped shirt....AFTER ALL he was the only
one out there trying to inforce the rules that protect the goaltender.
Can't say that I blame him he gave BUZZY 2 periods to do it and as usual
Buzzy had his wistle in the location.  I think its pretty sad when a team
resorts to running Goaltenders....  Nuf said.

Bob