MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2020 17:12:40 +0000
Statewide Zoom-Continuing the Coronavirus Conversation on Tuesday, October 6 at 3:15 pm

MSL-Continuing the Coronavirus Conversation
Time: October 6, 2020, 3:15 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
https://zoom.us/j/91590503066?pwd=YXE2bW1wYitRcFNXdUx1dWQwSEN4UT09

Meeting ID: 915 9050 3066

For those that use the meeting ID or need the password it is: 342671

Topics:

  *   Governor's Stage 4 announcement is set for today. We can quickly discuss impact and updating of the checklist

  *   Quarantine Guidance Document<https://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/services/documents/QuarantineBestPracticesDraft-October6_2020.docx> - Comments and edits included. We can discuss and hopefully finalize.

  *   MDOL Earned Paid Leave Webinar

Maine's Earned Paid Leave law goes into effect on January 1st, 2021. This new law ensures up to 40 hours of unrestricted paid leave for approximately 85% of Maine's workers.

The Maine Department of Labor's Wage & Hour Division is hosting two webinar sessions to inform the public about this law.

In these webinar sessions, they will:

Summarize the new law, including who will be covered;

Review FAQs and best practices for compliance; and

Open the floor for attendee questions.

Links below to register.

Monday, October 19th at 2pm

Register in advance for this meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIod-qpqTgsH9wyKAmO5zcZyYTIbBjAo3j-

Friday, October 23rd at 10am

Register in advance for this meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMode6vpjItGNBUqzgkfpyxeyEXTzReWxvw

Questions, new topics, and more?

Next meeting will be in 2 weeks on Tuesday, October 13.

Janet McKenney
Director, Library Development
Maine State Library
SHS 64