From:
John Haeussler USA/Canada <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1993 16:57:34 EDT
From: Brian Morris
>However--move the RPI Invitational to the Knick?  Great idea, on paper.
>The tournament really is a disgrace--the level of competition has
>historically been barely above the Junior A level.

Did I miss something here?  Barely above Junior A level is exceptional.

From: [log in to unmask]
>I suppose that's why I have come to like women's hockey much more.
>Without hitting (there's an idea) the game is what I love to see:
>skill.

I'd rather see a good whack-em, smack-em cluth-n-grab game anyday.
(With plenty of diggin' in the corners.)  LSSU-Michigan comes to
mind.  (Of course, this may be because I'd rather play in a sluggish
game...otherwise I'd never catch anybody. :-)

From: [log in to unmask]
>As long as we're exploring ridiculous ways to resolve tie games, here's one
>I've always favored (:)), borrowed from the WWF: the 40-man over-the-glass
>battle royal. If the game's still tied at the end of overtime, put all of
>the players on the ice and when a player is thrown over the glass, he's
>eliminated. The last player left wins the game for his team. MUCH more
>entertaining than the shootout.

Where do I sign up?  :-)

  John H
  U Mich