From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 00:40:01 -0400
For Minnesota, that would have been during the Doug Woog era.  Buetow
before and Lucia afterwards recruited outside of Minnesota and outside of
the U.S.

Carrying over from the Buetow era, I think Steve MacSwain (Anchorage,
AK), John Blue (San Jose, CA) and Frank Pietrangelo (Niagara, ONT) all
played for Woog.  The last one was done with their college career by 1987.
After that, recruiting costs went down as I don't think the coaches ever left
the state of Minnesota to recruit.

Doug Peterson