From:
D Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:47:16 -0500
I think money does play a big role.  But also as much as we might like to
think that a Minnesota or Boston College has a "responsibility" to play
ECAC or CHA teams, they really only have a responsibility to help
themselves (and perhaps their conference).

If you are Minnesota, would you rather travel out east to play an ECAC
school or one of the "big 4" in Hockey East?

With Hockey East's new schedule, it will be interesting to see what the
Big 4 do with their NC games.  BU and BC are already committed to the
Beanpot, Maine to the Florida Everblades Tournament.  With 3 less NC
games, it is reasonable to suggest that they will be less apt to play
ECAC, AH and CHL schools.

-Deron