From:
Patrick Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Abegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 18:20:43 -0500
Why does Maine go west, rather than BC? This is the key question I have
based on the analysis that I think we've all done.

On the TV broadcast, the "expert" has no idea why this bracketing is done,
after saying "it's all done by the numbers." He's hinting that it's Maine
choke at the end - which is explicitly not a criterion to be used. The only
criterion that could work is the attendance issue (BC is closer to
Providence than Maine).

Actually, their expert is hinting that the whole system is messed up. (He
used the code phrase "a few adjustments are necessary.")

Patrick Abegg