From:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:17:02 -0600
Western Regional -- If your a bang team, big ice will hurt you.  If you're a
skating team, regardless of where you've played all season, then you'll be
AOK.  Maybe this is what hurts the EZAC each year.

But -- I think a small ice team has the advantage over a big ice team on an
NHL (read Phrozen Phour) sheet.  Which is why I'm picking Maine.

The week off -- if you're a big ice team, find an NHL sheet to practice on.
Otherwise, you're could be in deep trouble in the passing lanes.  Goalies
will find that the shots come from different angles than what they're used
to on the big ice.

Waiting around --  get used to sitting around waiting to go on.  There is
bound to be one game that goes OT, jamming up the tourny times.  The team
that best adapts will be ready (see Plattsburgh St. - St. Thomas NCAA D3
semi).

Just some rambling thoughts

Joe LaCour

PS  It is somewhat puzzling that there has been zippo on this list about
Charlie Holt's passing.  I was luck enough to be at Clarkson during the
height of the UNH - Clarkson wars in the mid - late 70's.  UNH was one team
I loved to see us play.  Win or lose the games were entertaining and no
quarter was asked or given but the respect between the two teams was
evident.