From:
"MIKE T. CORBETT" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MIKE T. CORBETT
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 10:09:25 -0600
Craig:

In major junior and tier II, in Canada, if the half-shield is available to
be worn the player must have the shield at their nose or below, and his
chin strap is not allowed to hang down.  The chin strap can only be one
and a half inches below the chin.
Only ins tier II in the US do  players tilt up the shield, now it is less
common.
Colleges should go to half-shields, but if that occurs will their be more
fighting? Does college need that?

Mike Corbett