From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:10:40 -0700
One of the reasons given for the lack of MAAC attack :-) on established
Div I programs is that these same programs would not schedule MAAC. Sounds
like catch 22 to me. However I do realize that schedules are made up years
in advance and it is hard to change. So I would suggest the otherleagues,
esp HE and ECAC look into it, that is, play the MAAC teams too. As we all
know, both HE and ECAC play considerably more non-league games than the
WCHA and CCHA do, for example RPI plays 32 games reg season and only 22 in
league.  One suggestion to increase the likelihood of interleague matchups
with the MAAC would be for the ECAC to increase its limit to the NCAA
limit of 34. Sounds like heresy , Iknow. But already RPI and a few others
play 32.  The Ivies coudl certainly go up to 30 or 32 and that would
provide some immediate places to schedule MAAC.  If all the leagues played
to 34, a minor benefit would be statistics ... one would not have to base
arguments on a per game basis if all the teams played more or less the
same number of games.

So, let's put our money where our mouths are, folks in HE and ECAC in
particular, add a few MAAC teams each year. Take a chance!

Just my two cents.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64, already packed for Disneyheim, including cotton balls for nosebleeds