From:
Carl Sussman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carl Sussman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 13:00:13 -0500
>Where in the world are the Chelsea Piers?  Also, what in the world
>are the Chelsea Piers?  This and previous statements make it sound
>like two hockey teams (Yale and Brown?) have been shanghaied by
>some group of pirates.  :-)

The short answer is: Chelsea.  :-)   If you want to get really specific,
it's at 23rd Street and the Hudson River on the West Side of Manhattan.
Chelsea Piers is a very large recreational sports complex (they have stuff
like driving ranges, bowling alleys, batting cages, pools, basketball
courts, rollerblading areas, etc.) which houses one of the few decent
indoor ice rinks in Mahattan (and you certianly can't include MSG on the
list of *decent* indoor rinks).  It really is a great facility.

As to why Brown and Yale play there, I don't know.  Perhaps it's an
opportunity for the many NYC alums of each school to see their teams --
when I'm in New York, I'll go.

I have a quick rules question:  If a defensive player (other than the
goalie) deliberately falls on a puck in the crease, is a penalty shot
always awarded, or is this only the rule during power plays?

Carl Sussman
Brown '96

Carl Sussman                                              Harvard Law School

[log in to unmask]                             Class of '99