From:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Gentile <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 14:13:50 -0500
>>> Karen/Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]> 02/23/97 11:18am >>>
>>> I have been reading the various posts re: coach of the year over the last
>>> couple of days and am wondering how the name of Dick Umile can be omitted.

It wasn't omitted from my original post ... although he was low on the list in my
consideration. I remarked on Umile and UNH's accomplishments, they are indeed
noteworthy. Umile falls into the "should've done this well anyways" category with
Sir Jack Parker. What Umile did last year was remarkable, however ... as is what
York is doing this year. *wink*

>>> what Umile has done the whole year is ludicrous.  The man is, hands down,
>>> Coach of the Year and he deserves it.

Hands down? I think not, Greg. You easily dismiss all the other coaches with this
remark and most of us know that would be a injustice to all the good work being
down throughout the league. Pooley and Anderson both look to be positioning
themselves nicely for this award. I will throw Umile in with the
"falling-closely-behind" pack of Parker, Umile, Walsh and possibly Whitehead.

By the way, where is that PC-UNH game this weekend? (Rhetorically speaking...)
*wink*

Cool heads should prevail!

- Paul.